Our main guide is Creative Curriculum, which is supplemented by a Bible based curriculum that adheres to developmentally appropriate practices for infants, toddlers and preschoolers. The Creative Curriculum’s foundation is based on the findings of six main theorists. Through their views on children, the curriculum is constructed as a guideline for how we, a Christian center, can be united to provide quality child care.
We use Healthy Beginnings for children birth to three years old. Healthy Beginnings includes development lay appropriate, goals and objectives for children within four domains:
· Personal/ Social growth helps promote independence, self-confidence and self-control. Within this focus area, children learn how to make friends, how to follow rules and to work and succeed successfully within a group.
· Cognitive development is associated with thinking skills. Children will learn how to ask questions, think critically and to solve problems.
· Physical development improves a child’s large and small motor skill.
· Language Development help children learn how to communicate with others, participate in conversations, and recognize and use various forms of print media. In this area, children begin to recognize letters and words and master early literacy skills.
For Children 3 to 5 years of age we use the Creative CurriculumThe Creative Curriculum includes developmentally appropriate goals and objectives for children within the following domains.
· Social and Personal Development
· Language and Literacy
· Mathematical Thinking
· Scientific Thinking
· Social Studies
· The Arts
· Physical Development